Thursday, April 23, 2009

Developing A Character With an Assist from Diane Fanning

I've blogged several times about the complex character that I'm developing for Footprints in the Sand and I got a great idea -

Last year I read a book by Diane Fanning - it was about the murder of Bobbie Jo Stinnett. You probably remember the young pregnant woman who was killed and the murderer literally her baby from her body and kidnapped the child. That's not what I have planned for my book - but the mentality of the kidnapper is great research for my book.

So, I contacted Diane to see if we could toss around some thoughts. Who better to ask than someone who researched this woman and the condition that led her to commit these horrible crimes? We exchanged some emails and she gave me some great input -- thank you very much Diane.

About 3 years ago I met Dianne Fanning when I moderated a true crime panel at the Virginia Festival of the Book and she was on the panel. I've always enjoyed true crime books and if you enjoy true crime - you HAVE to give her books a read.

These are some of her true crime books and you can find reviews for a number of these on my review blog - I have read just about every one.

2007 - Out There: The In-Depth Story of the Astronaut Love Triangle Case that Shocked America You should take a look :)

Nikki Leigh


Diane Fanning
Author of PUNISH THE DEED, the second Lucinda Pierce novel from Severn House
www.dianefanning.com
www.myspace.com/dianefanning
www.womenincrimeink.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment